Sunday 6 February 2011

Ron Sexsmith.

A very exciting few weeks.

1. Impact training at Centerparcs- mentioned in the last blog. Which included a lot of laughing, girly chats until 2am, knitting, a frozen lake, and some squirrels. But even better: encountering the presence of God in a new way, being 'set free' from 'everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.' (Hebrews 12:1) spending a week worshipping him and being filled with his Holy Spirit, and experiencing for myself what the smile of the Father is. Incredible, incredible, incredible!

2. Moving home. I'll admit that the first few days were very wobbly in a I-don't-like-living-alone sort of way. But after pushing through I've found out that I love having my own space, I love making it into a home (and searching out things like butter dishes and sugar pots), and I absolutely love being in the centre of Newquay. Here are some dodgy pictures, I had to try and balance my mac on my knee and get into some awkward positions and they still aren't great!












I had no idea how much fun it would be.

3. Peterborough Prayer & Fasting.
Not to sound like a heathen but I find fasting hard. My stomach was crying after a few hours, 
so I ended up not doing the whole thing. But the prayer is incredible, and you have these brilliant people who are really experienced with leading the meetings and giving prophetic words and leading 
worship, and its just amazing to see whats going on across the country with church plants and so on. Indge had an interview at Norwich Uni so she came along which made it so much fun, and she got to meet some of the people I've met on Impact, which was cool.

4. Indge's birthday party. 
Debbie and Ruby cooked this amazing meal, mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes and ham and chorizo 
for starters, cannelloni for main and a big chocolate cake for afters. Topped off with watching Napoleon Dynamite. I hadn't seen it in years and was at the point of choking and crying from laughing so much. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. 

Today was a lovely day of church and food shopping and egg custard tarts.And then Tuesday 
brings another week of Impact training, how good is being alive!

How marvellous! How wonderful!




1 comment:

  1. I should probably come and visit! seeing as it's just upstairs!! xxx

    ReplyDelete