Thursday 29 December 2011

Sister Act Soundtrack

This Christmas my sister gave me Sister Act 1 & 2 on DVD.  I can't explain how happy this made me.  I don't care how many people have snubbed it for being tacky, it's still possibly my favourite film  (Blood Diamond being in the running too).

I also got to witness yet another fire related holiday disaster at my mums house, when my mum and sister set off a sky lantern that was swept across the back garden and became a massive fireball. I will admit to panicking a bit when it almost set the trampoline on fire.  Thankfully, just like after the firework that went off inside the house last New Year, we all survived.

Pelumi (Pumba to most of the people at church who know him),  is visiting this weekend which will be lovely. He also recently got a job as an accountant/book keeper. Thank you God! Months of prayer and years of dreaming for him have been answered and I really am thankful for his job, and excited about the experience he will have.

India is also home for a little bit and so there have been a few happy Christmas reunions going on. So nice to have her back!

In the spirit of New Years Resolutions, I've been collecting a few 'I've never...'s as I seem to have quite a few. I managed to tick off  'I've never been bowling' recently, which was quite pleasing.  So here are a few:


  • I've never had an Indian Takeaway
  • I've never seen Die Hard
  • I've never broken a bone (Actually quite happy about this one so its not a resolution!)
  • Never been on a plane
  • Never dyed my hair
  • Never ridden a horse
  • Never done a backwards roll
  • Never been to a music festival
  • Never been to London

And probably plenty more. Maybe some will be ticked off this coming year. 

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment