Monday 25 October 2010

The Killers.

The last month or two has give me some of the busiest and most exciting times of my life.  In between some not so nice days, there have been lovely ones, which I'll explain once I've gone through all of the new things that have happened.

The working life.
  • The FP Impact year has begun- ( I found out that FYP or Frontier Year Project also stands for Find Your Partner. This made me feel a bit sick). A year of meaty theological training, getting to know new people and growing your character in God.  I'm going back to Bristol again tomorrow;its nice to know there are twenty-odd other people dotted around that are getting ready to go as well. Impact also means:
  • Working for my local church, Blaze Newquay, which has been sometimes challenging but always wonderful. I am slowly getting my head around things like the News-page and Dropbox! Its also meant working with boys most of the time which has involved crossing paths with some interesting smells. I'll leave it at that.
  • Moving. I am lodging with a lovely lady called Lynn who has a cat called Homer and a rabbit called Random. 
  • Home-group. One of the many great things about being in church is homegroups. Every other week we meet up for cake and to build each other and do some 'one-anothering' (one of my new favourite words). We pray and worship together and look at what was preached on Sunday mornings.  My home group (led by Richard and Kay Lettington, also nicknamed 'The Bronx' is really, really good.) We had a social yesterday where we had jacket potatoes and chilli, and went for a walk to Kennel Vale. I think its a bad sign that fresh air felt painful, so I'm going for a walk today.
  • Drawing class. Running alongside home groups, we have 'tracks'. I am going to the drawing class. I'm no sure if I will ever be able to discipline myself to draw properly but its so much fun and really nice to have an activity.
  • A new computer. A lovely couple from church completely blessed me with a mac for church work. It was such a wonderful gift and has really helped. 
Its also been so nice seeing my best friend more recently, she has started a foundation year at Falmouth so is probably busier than me. She's the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment